A Deck of Cards
The Queen was in the kitchen
The King was in his room.
The Jack was sleeping soundly
And the Ten was using it’s loom.
The Nine was eating some cupcakes
The Eight was making some more.
The Seven was doing the laundry
And the Six was fixing the door.
The Five was singing an aria
While the Four was dancing along.
The three was planting a flower
And the Two was feeling quite strong.
But where were the Jokers?
Falling From the Sky
Mother! Mother! Guess what I saw!
A pie falling from the sky!
(Not now, honey, I’m busy!)
Father! Father! Guess what I saw!
A sandwich falling from the sky!
(Son, can’t you see I’m on the phone!)
Brother! Brother! Guess what I saw!
Some pears falling from the sky!
(Would you please shut your mouth? I need to beat this level!)
Sister! Sister! Guess what I saw!
A burrito falling from the sky!
(You are like, so like, weird, like, you know?)
Drat! I guess I'll have to take the bucket of water down from the door.
i especially like what the sister said, very realistic
ReplyDeleteHa ha! Your poems made me smile! Thanks Seth!
ReplyDeleteaw! he couldn't pull the prank:( it's cute! the sista sounds like Emily!
ReplyDeleteFun. But I'm wondering where the ace was.
ReplyDeleteSure didn't expect the bucket :)