Thursday, May 12, 2011

Lovey-Dovey

(This is not part of Elegance. It's just a fun little thing.)
               
Dearest sweetest Sara,
                How dreadfully I miss your precious face! Just your eyes are like diamonds glittering and shining, while your cheek-how I wish to kiss that cheek!- is like a rose in bloom. I don’t get the chance to see many roses here; this place is a dump. I wish I had never agreed to visit my Great-Aunt Josie here in Nebraska. How are things in Virginia?
                Love,
                Your biggest admirer John
               
                My beautiful and lovely Sara,
                How much I regret leaving Virginia! It’s not th e state I miss… it’s you! How could I not miss that flowing cascade of chestnut hair and tender and white hand? I would send you a souvenir, but Great-Aunt Josie won’t let me leave her house. I have to read her books and tell her stories. It’s really boring, and I am so excited to return next month.
                With more love than ever,
                John

                Honey-sweet Sara,
                How I love you! Your graceful figure, your fair face, everything about you! I am so excited! I’m coming home next week! I will go straight to your house when I get home and take you to see that new movie Letters to Juliet!
                Your admirer,
                John








Dear  Sara,
                How could you! In your last letter, you told me that you liked Mathew more than me. How could that be! I am not very happy. Great-Aunt Josie is so mean, and now you are too! I’m not your friend anymore!
I told Mommy all about it, and she said that young love is just never meant to be, especially when the lovers are five years old, like us.
                Signed,
                John
    
               

2 comments: