This is just an excerpt from the whole thing. I'll post the rest later.
Characters:
Xandalf, a high-tempered sorcerer
Ella, his humble servant. She is ugly and dirty
Billiam, a witty peasant who doesn’t know when to stop teasing people
Announcer
Batthew Boggle
Other Concerned Citizens of Phantasmorianalus
Scene I: Palace of Xandalf. Xandalf enters with Ella
Xan: I told you, Ella, I wanted thirteen crows and thirteen doves!
Ella: Well, sir, catching a crow was hard enough, but dove catching… that’s a quest that even a knight couldn’t succeed with!
Xan: I don’t care! If I don’t have thirteen doves and thirteen crows, my spell won’t work, and when my spells don’t work…
Ella: (Sighing) We are going to have bad weather in Phantasmorianalus.
Xan: Exactly! Now get to work! (exit in a huff)
Ella: Oh, this isn’t good.
Singing from offstage. Billiam enters, singing a merry tune and carrying several birds.
Bill: Well, hello lovely lass. Can a poor wandering serf like me be of any assistance to someone as godly as yourself?
Ella: (hopefully)Godly?
Bill: Just kidding! You wouldn't know godly if it hit you in the face! Now, about a job…
Ella: (Noticing the birds) Do you have thirteen crows and thirteen doves to spare?
Bill: Of course I do! (he hands her two blue jays)
Ella: Are you blind? These are blue jays!
Bill: Of course they are! But everyone knows that if you kiss a blue jay thirteen times it will turn into any bird you like!
Ella: (eagerly) Really! (kisses the birds)
Bill: (laughing) I’m just joking! You are a very daft dame!
Ella: (very angry) Humph! Well you can take your filthy flock of fowls out of this palace right now!
Bill: Oh no! I’m very sorry! (kneels and pleads for mercy) Please forgive me! I’ll do anything you want, but let me work!
Ella: Well…
Bill: Thank you very much. I’ll find the most amazing thirteen crows and thirteen doves in all of Phantasmorianalus!
Ella: Mind you hurry, though.
Bill: Of course! (he turns to leave but runs into Xandalf)
Xan: And who is this, Ella?
Bill: Just poor little Billiam the peasant! I’m a poor man in money… but I can see that you are poor man in looks.
Xan: (Incredibly offended) How dare you! A wizard of my power should never be insulted… especially by peasants!
Bill: A wizard? Of what, Oz? (laughs)
Xan: I will not be spoken to like this! From this day on, peasant, you will only speak in rhymes and puns… a reminder that people with sharp tongues are always punished! (Xandalf disappears dramatically)
Bill: Well, before he left, I was going to tell him that he was fat as Sir Cumference. You know, the knight that had too much pi?
Ella: I’m sorry, serf. When Xandalf curses you, he means it.
Bill: I’m not cursed. I don’t feel worse.
Ella: Rhymes and puns is all you’ll ever speak again. Sorry.
Bill: Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
Ella: So what?
Bill: The last word I said is what I have in my head.
Xan: (offstage) Ella, I still need those crows and doves!
Your grandpa would be proud!
ReplyDeleteA little disjointed. Everyone seems a little too rude.
ReplyDelete